Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Drastic Times Call For Drastic Measures

I am in mourning and I just had to do something, so I cut off all my hair. Pretty symbolic, huh? I have posted some pictures for those disbelieving friends and family.

Here is how long my hair was before:



Here is how short it is after:


My hair is still wet. I went to get it cut at 8pm tonight and didn't have her style it since it was so late. I will put up more pics when I actually style it.

Although I am disappointed that Obama won, that is not the reason I cut my hair. I realized that my hair had gotten really long about a month or so ago. I have always wanted to donate my hair to Locks of Love, but since I am not blessed with fast growing hair like my cousin Camille or Robbie's sisters, I have never done it. I didn't want to just get my hair cut and have 8 inches thrown in the garbage, so I decided now would be the perfect time to make the sacrifice and take the plunge. If I hate it, being pregnant, my hair grows a lot faster than normal, so by the time I have the baby my hair will have grown out somewhat.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

You look pretty sad about your hair. Are you happy with it? Just the other day I was telling Max about how Grandma cut your hair when you were in high school and you were in tears. I was cracking up! Pretty funny stuff. Post a picture when you do your hair. I want to see it.

sherrie bebe said...

I love it!! You look good with short hair! I cut mine when I was pregnant as well because I just got so sick of it and I just needed a new look to feel better about myself. Change is good.

Diane Dimond said...

I really like the short hair. It's like a new look and since short hair is a big hit (according to me) I love it! good job giving to locks of love. I have donated my hair too. I am proud of you.

Hannah said...

How cute! I always think it is fun to change things up a little :). I can't wait to see more pictures!

Camille said...

I love the hair! I think you will love how much faster you can do it! Plus as long as you can still put it in a pony that is all that matters!! You look great I cant wait to see it curly!! Love ya, Hope you are feeling better!!

Coach Ann said...

I think it looks GREAT. However, I wouldn't exactly call it short...

Natasha said...

I did that exact same thing when i was prego with Boston ... cut off 12 inches and donated it. I haven't regreted it and you look so cute with short hair!

The Laidlaws said...

I really like your haircut! I'm a bit envious...I wish I had the guts to chop mine off. I got a bad perm in 7th grade, and since then I've never ever been able to do anything drastic to my hair again!

And I love your baby bump photo!