Monday, November 17, 2008

Sittin' Pretty, Ready to Go

We went to the doctor today and we are over halfway to having our very own basketball team. That's right, another boy! Yes, I was hoping for a girl, everyone knows I did everything to have one, but apparently God wants us to have another boy right now. And it's probably a good thing, since Robbie still has two years of school left, and I wouldn't be able to properly spoil her like she should be. The next time we have a baby, Robbie will have a full time job and I will be able to pay for cute girl clothes and not dress her in her brothers' hand-me-downs.

So yeah, I have nothing to do to get ready. We have sizes of clothes for all seasons since Alex and Jared were on the opposite ends of the spectrum. No burp cloths or blankets need to be made, so I can just relax until he comes, right? Not! I have plenty to do, like Alex's first year scrapbook, or catch up on the kids' photo album, or do the scrapbook for Robbie and I that I have been trying to do for years. Oh, and we also have to get rid of a lot of stuff to make room for one more in our little apartment.

It will be interesting to see what he looks like, since Jared looks more like me and Alex looks more like Robbie. We just have one problem...coming up with another boy name. It is so hard for us, and it doesn't help that people seem to always be stealing good boy names for their girls. It will probably come down to another long last night in the hospital debating what the little guy's name should be.

So no one can get mad at me that there aren't enough good worthy young men for their daughters to marry, because I'm certainly doing my part. It made me think of a quote that was in the Visitor's Center on my mission about how sister missionaries were important because they would be raising up righteous young men, Elders, in the church. If anyone has this please send it to me. I tried to find it on lds.org, but couldn't.

Ultrasound pics to come...

18 comments:

Rob said...

Mahonrimoriancumr is a great name and is seldom used. It fits well since he is the brother of Jared.

Lindsay said...

Hey Meri, I don't know if you remember me. I'm an old friend of Robbie's from High school. First of all, congrats on the baby boy. Second, as a mother of a daughter I'd like to thank you for your righteous boy comment because even at 2 years old, I worry about the day when she turns 16. So, any lining up in the future would be fantastic. J/K

Aimee and David said...

Well, it's exciting that it's a boy! Jared and Alex will have lots of fun. Remember, I am always full of baby names if you need any suggestions! :) We're all happy it's a boy. Hopefully you'll get a girl sometime. Hey, you could be like Aunt Heidi and have 11 kids to get another girl!!

Coach Ann said...

I'm just so excited to get another grandchild! You guys do great kids and they are always adorable. We're so looking forward to this one. Congratulations! P. S. Weddings are generally cheaper for the groom's parents.

Jen said...

Well, bummer- but congtras! They'll love having another brother. This way they can keep busy with boy things.

The Letterman's said...

CONGRATS!! We love basketball at our house!

Heather, Rex, etc. said...

Yes, the girl will need to be spoiled, so I guess it's good to wait for the little darling. Good luck with the name...boys are so hard to name!

Bekah said...

Hi Meri! Stole your blog address from Hna. Padilla's blog. A big CONGRATS to you. I think boys are SO fun! I'll keep my eyes open for that quote from the mission--I remember hearing it, too.

daherfamily said...

yeah! that is so fun and exciting to have another little boy. plus, it does make things easier, right? congrats!

Hannah said...

Congratulations! Your boys are adorable, so I'm sure this one will top the charts! And, good for you for being able to contemplate a fourth baby when you are pregnant with the third! I can only think of them one at a time :)

Rachel said...

Aww...congratulations! Three little boys, how fun! Good luck with the name game. We're going through the same thing! :)

Rachael said...

Another boy! I guess that goes to show Who's really in charge here! Good luck finding a good name. You will. :)

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Congrats on another boy! How many bedrooms do you have in your apartment? All six of us were in our 2 bedroom, 750 square foot apartment for four months before we moved from Memphis and it worked just fine. It cracks me up when I watch house hunting shows and a couple finds out their having a baby so they HAVE to buy a house. (Of course! Who in their right mind would live in an apartment with kids?!) :) Lee and I have the same problem with boy names. I've thought if we have a boy someday what in the world would I name it?? But I'm glad you get to think about that right now and not me. Congrats again!

StephNyd said...

Hi. I'm a friend of Robbie's from highschool and I just wanted to say congrats on the third boy. My oldest sister has three boys and she loves it! Also- just like my other sister, Lindsay Blackburn, commented above, I'm glad to know that there will be some good upstanding young men for my two girls to go out with when they start dating. But I don't want those teenage years to come for a very long time. Congrats again and tell Robbie Hi for me.

Summer said...

Congrats Meri! You are so good to have such a positive attitude. I'm sure there's a little gal in your future and yes, better to have her when you can truly spoil her with all the frills. :) How is Jared taking the news? Hope you're feeling better and completely over any and all pregnancy sickness.

Emily said...

Congrats, Meri! You're definitely doing your part to make sure there are lots of good, eligible young men out there! That's why Heavenly Father keeps sending you boys...he knows that you'll teach them how to treat a lady, as well as how to be great missionaries! I'm really excited for you! Congratulations!! You're doing a great job!

Anna said...

Congrats, Meri!!! There's nothing better than a newborn baby, no matter what :) I'm certain there's a little pink bundle somewhere in your future. don't worry. Can't wait to meet your new little peanut!!! love ya

Rachel said...

Congrats Meri! My blog list got erased, so I haven't checked your in a long time. Anyway congrats on another boy! That's going to be one crazy loud house! Just imagine the wrestling matches!