Monday, January 26, 2009

Back together at last!

I know I have been known to not post for a few months, but this time it wasn't my fault, I swear! My computer started getting blue screens the week before Thanksgiving and basically stopped working. It took two months, many phone calls to HP's customer service, 2 sets of system recovery CDs which revealed the problem wasn't a software problem, which Robbie and I already knew, and finally sending in the computer over Christmas break, I have finally been reunited with my lovely laptop. They replaced almost everything, except for the screen, webcam, and hard drives, so we have been getting to know each other again this last week. I couldn't post because I couldn't get to my pictures, and what is a post without pictures? Now that we are back together I have been able to upload all of the pictures we took over the holidays and get my photoshop album all organized and photos tagged, and thanks to free shipping at Snapfish I was able to get most of the pics printed so I can get the kids photo albums up to date. I have just a little over 2 months to get that done and Alex's first year scrapbook, another reason it was such a huge inconvenience to be without my computer. I am so happy to have it back. "They" always say not to buy the extended warranty, but Robbie and I have decided to extend the warranty since practically everything was replaced and would have cost us more than buying a new computer.

3 comments:

Heather, Rex, etc. said...

Welcome back!

Aimee and David said...

I know the feeling...

Rachel said...

Meri,

This is Rachel Nielson. I found your blog through your sister's. It's good to read your family update. I didn't know you were pregnant!! Congrats! I also wanted to let you know that I think it's AWESOME that your boys speak Spanish. I am jealous. I wish I spoke Spanish better--it's just much harder for adults like me to get fluent--you did it the right way; teaching your boys when they are young. Hope to see you soon!