Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Happy New Year!!

We have had so much snow this year so we decided to brave the cold and enjoy it! On New Year's Eve we went snowshoeing . It was my first time, and well can I tell you that walking around the mall 3 times a week does not give my lungs the workout they probably need and that I needed on this outing. I was dying! I thought snowshoes also made it so you walk on top of the snow. Not! You still sink. I'm sure it's a lot harder without them, but it's not like you see on the movies (i.e. White Fang). We had a ton of fun and enjoyed the beautiful scenery.

Robbie, Meri, Aimee, Josh, Jennie, Dad


Vance, Jennie, Aimee, Josh, Meri, Robbie


We had a lot of fun jumping off the trail into very deep snow. It was hard to jump very high, but you sure would sink pretty deep. Robbie had fun jumping off the trail and he, Vance, and Josh jumped off some pretty steep parts and had to be pulled out.

We stayed up until midnight playing the Wii. We all took turns playing tennis. Josh and I made a good team, and Jared was our honorary teammate. He thought he was playing and he would say things like "I miss it" or "nice". It was pretty cute. One time though he got too close to me and I accidentally swung the control and hit him in the head. He was a little shocked by it, but he recovered quickly.

On New Year's Day we took Jared sledding. He loves it! Robbie and Josh took him on Christmas Eve too, so he was ready and actually insisted on going down all by himself.

Jared after a successful run down the hill.

3 comments:

The Letterman's said...

Hey Meri,
It's been fun to see your cute little family here on your blog and around town!
love ya
Janae

Hannah said...

Sounds like you guys have been having fun! I'm so jealous that you still have a successful walking group at the mall. I can't get anyone to walk with me out here and the mall is a little to far away for it to be convenient. Any ideas?

Aimee and David said...

The dress was cream. Definitely NOT a wedding dress. although it does look white in the pictures. As for the digital scrapbook I used a site off of ABC family's home page. I had a lot of fun with it.