Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Here we go again!

You may have noticed I haven't been blogging lately, and well I actually have an excuse this time. I have been sick morning, midday, and night for the past 7 weeks. Luckily it's nothing too serious and I'm hoping it will clear up in the next couple of weeks, but for sure in the next 6 months. That's right, we're expecting baby #3 and are so very excited!

We had our first appointment today and they moved my due date up to April 5th from the 9th. That's always great news. I was excited to hear the baby's heartbeat and see her (positive thinking) on the ultrasound and to know everything seems to be progressing as it should be. Here is a picture of our little peanut from our visit today:



Only 8.5 weeks until we find out the sex of the baby, and yes I'm hoping for a girl. I love my boys and would be fine having more boys, but I just want to experience having a girl.

So we told Jared and Alex Sunday night that I was going to be having a baby. Alex doesn't understand, but Jared is so excited, and talks about it several times a day. We asked him if he wanted a sister or a brother and he told us he wants a sister like Mylah (his cousin who is 8 or 9 months). We explained that I had a baby in my tummy and that that is why I have been feeling sick. So he asked, "so there be two baby Mylah's? One for Jennie and one for us." We were like, "well yes, but our baby will probably have a different name" (especially if it ends up being a boy). So he calls the baby, baby Mylah. It's funny how he understands it. We are glad he is excited.

It has been hard feeling so sick all the time. This pregnancy is not as bad as Jared's, but worse than Alex's. I think it's because I am having a girl (thinking positive again), because I read in a book that many first time moms are sick because their body has never done this before and produces too many hormones, making them sick. Then the second time they aren't as sick because their body is like "Oh, I've done this before. I know what to do this time." That was my experience from Jared to Alex. Well, your body I assume would be producing different hormones when you have a girl versus a boy. So my body, never having a girl, is in shock again. Let a girl dream, right? Right...

So Robbie has just been amazing taking care of the kids in the mornings and playing with them in the evenings, doing the dishes, and then being a Ph.D. student on top of all of that working hard all day and getting little sleep at night. I am so grateful for his love and service. Robbie's mom has also helped out a lot. We have gone up there the last several weeks for a few days at a time, to lessen the load on Robbie. She has taken care of the kids in the morning, played with them throughout the day, fixed us meals and just been so great. I am so grateful to have family that is always there to help us. It has been hard on Jared. He will ask me if I feel sick and I unfortunately always respond yes and he will cry and say, "no, don't be sick mommy". So hopefully this pregnancy will go like Alex's and I will get better in a couple of weeks when the first trimester is over.

Anyways, I'm glad we can finally announce this since I have been showing for a few weeks now (depressing), and people may have noticed me snitching my kids' snacks at church. So, there you have it. Baby #3 here we go!

20 comments:

Melanie said...

Congratulations, Meri! (And family!)

Way to go Robbie, you are a great husband.

I hope you feel better soon, Meri. My first was a breeze, second was really rough, third was fairly easy . . . except for anemia so eat your red meat!

I can't wait for the u/s and hear what you are having.

Rachel said...

Well, if your "little peanut" is anything like our "little peanut," it will be a boy. Paige calls Dallin's boy part a litte peanut. Congratulations (even though I already knew)!

Diane Dimond said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting! I hope you have a little girl, but, even if it's a boy I have to confess you make pretty cute boys so it wouldn't be so bad! Love you. Hope your feeling better.

Anna said...

Meri my dear, CONGRATULATIONS!!! Such exciting news!! I'm thrilled for ya. It's wonderful that Robbie is taking such good care of you and the boys.
Hang in there... take your prenatal vitamins at bedtime so you fall asleep before they make you sick and so you don't barf them up. That was so helpful for me.

Best wishes that the yucky part of this pregnancy goes away soon, and that it's a little pink peanut!
love ya lots

Rachel said...

Meri! Congrats!!! It's good to see you up and blogging again. I hope your sickness ends soon and I'll definitely be thinking pink for you! How exciting!

daherfamily said...

congrats meri! i was more sick with sophia than drew, so you never know....we are in sync girl! i'm due on my birthday, april 11th, but they'll take him/her a week early, so maybe we'll have the same date. fun!

Darcee said...

I really hope you get feeling better soon and I also hope you get your girl!!!

Hannah said...

Hooray! This is such exciting news! And, I love your positive thinking :). I always start showing SO EARLY too...and the snacks are a necessity. You're amazing!

(My little sister is 17 weeks pregnant right now, and she's been getting some ridiculous comments from people at work...you should read this post, you'll get a kick out of it. Don't you wonder what goes through some people's heads? http://familyofroses.blogspot.com/2008/09/are-you-serious-with-me.html)

Hannah said...

sorry, the link messed up, it's the first entry, entitled "Are you serious with me?"
http://familyofroses.blogspot.com

Camille said...

Congrats! You have the cutest kiddies! I really hope it is a girl! Start felling better....Love ya!

sherrie bebe said...

Following the birth order of the Haertel line (boy, girl, boy, girl), odds are pretty much in your favor of having "another Mylah" (as Jared would say). Congrats!!

Rachel said...

Yeah! Congratulations! I'll cross my fingers for you to get a girl!

Summer said...

Congratulations! I am SO excited for you! And I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's a little girl. :)

The Letterman's said...

Hey Meri Congrats, me and my 2 girls will send girl vibes over to you and your 2 boys. I saw your hubby and boys the other day at the BYU game but didn't say hello, they were all talking in Espanol which made me smile! Hope the sickness goes away!
Janae

Tracy Haws said...

i'm so excited for you meri! And robbie too i guess. i remember how sick you got with jared and i can only pray and hope that this time will not be as bad. i'll be thinking about you!

Natasha said...

congratulations, that's so exciting... and thanks for the advice you left on my blog. I'm grateful for experienced mothers like who that I can draw wisdom from.

Dan + Laurie Udy said...

Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Meri and Robbie!! We are so excited for you. Jared is growing up so fast too! I can't believe he's in preschool already!

Jen said...

congrats!!

The Laidlaws said...

Meri, congratulations! I am so sorry I didn't read this news sooner, I have been really horrible at reading everyone's blogs over the last couple of months. I am so excited for you! I hope you are feeling better now or that you will soon, and I can't wait for the gender announcement! I will join with everybody else and "think pink" for you!