Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My Baby is in Preschool!


Jared had his first day of preschool today! He was soooo excited and had no problems with me dropping him off and leaving. We went and bought his backpack on Monday. Robbie took him to Wal-Mart Saturday night, but they didn't have any kids backpacks which he was very upset about, so when we found the Spiderman backpack he had been asking for at ShopKo he was ecstatic. And all I have been hearing since then is the following:

"Mommy, I love my Spiderman backpack."

"Mommy, I love backpacks."

"Mommy, my Spiderman backpack is so cool."

"Mommy, thank you so much for buying me this backpack."

I have heard this about 10 times every day the past three days. He insisted on bringing it last night to the open house and was disappointed no one else had their backpacks. So when I picked him up today he was very excited to tell me that all of "my kids" had backpacks.


He brought home his first project, a "J" he had decorated. He said they read stories, ate cheese and elephant ears, and a kid wearing a yellow shirt cried. He loved school and is excited to go back. I can't believe my baby is old enough to go to school! It was weird just having one child for a few hours and I think Alex enjoyed having me all to himself.

7 comments:

Summer said...

Those pictures are priceless and how cute that he expressed so much gratitude for his backpack. What a sweetheart. :) I'm glad it was such a positive experience for him!

Rachel said...

So exciting! He looks so cute and big with his backpack. Enjoy your time with one kid at home. In six months you are back to two. It is amazing how nice it is and how much more you get done when you have one less kid at home.

coolhandluke said...

I know Sherrie can't wait to have a little more free time once kids are in school, but I also realize the years before are really important and shouldn't be wished away. That's crazy to think how fast he's growing up, I still see me reading to him "Boom Chicka Boom!"

sherrie bebe said...

Holy cow! He's not old enough yet is he?? Crazy! He is too adorable!

Hannah said...

Sometimes I feel like a kid because I LOVE backpacks too...I remember how much I loved getting school supplies as a kid. He looks so adorable!

Coach Ann said...

I'm so glad he is excited for school. I hope he keeps that feeling. I always loved the start of school and the opportunity it presentes. I'm also quite fond of back packs myself.

Jared just keeps getting cuter!

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Congrats on baby number three!!! I hope you are feeling okay today! Something that shocked me so much about having twin girls is that my pregnancy seemed basically the same as my boys. I didn't find out that I was having twins, and that they were both girls till my 20 week ultrasound. Big shock! CONGRATULATIONS!