Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My baby is 1!

So I know he turned 1 three months ago, but I still can't believe how fast his first year flew by. Here are some pictures from the celebration. It was nice that my mom was in town (she was helping my sister who just had a baby) and could come to the little family party we had for him.





So I was pretty pleased with how the cake turned out since I only had like 10 minutes to decorate it. I did the car with cream cheese frosting, so the cake was so great with the chocolate frosting and cream cheese frosting. Really, the only reason I eat cake is for the frosting. If there isn't good frosting, cake just isn't worth eating.

I had to hold Alex's hand down because he wanted to touch the flame.

Alex did not hesitate when we put a piece of cake in front of him. He was very excited to finally be able to eat something sweet, which I had been keeping from him for a whole year, even though Grandpa tried many times. Now, sweets are all he wants.



Robbie put some ice cream on his plate and he picked it up. After a few seconds he started to cry, I imagine because his hand was beginning to freeze.

Can you believe my child pulled that face after getting a spoonful of ice cream? Could this be my child? I think he didn't like how cold it was. Since then, he has gotten over it and is now his mother's son with respect to ice cream.

Alex liked playing with the wrapping paper and boxes mostly, but Jared loved opening the presents and showing everyone what Alex received for his birthday. We are so grateful for the nice gifts our family gave Alex. They are so generous.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Yeah! I am so excited to see pictures! We miss you guys. We want to see Alex walking!

coolhandluke said...

I can't wait to see you guys for Christmas! That seems like so far away. I guess we'll have to stay close by playing Mario Kart...one day I'll beat Robbie! I agree with the frosting bit. Do you make your own frosting or is it store bought?

robbienmeri said...

Depends. The chocolate was just store bought, because I really like the Double Fudge. I can eat that in spoonfuls, sick, but oh so good. The cream cheese is homemade, because I tried the store bought one time and it didn't even taste like cream cheese. This is making me all so very hungry.

Hannah said...

Okay, chocolate frosting and cream cheese frosting sounds like a divine combination. I think I'm going to have to go eat something sweet...

Your boys are so darling and have gotten so big! I can't believe Alex is walking...last I saw him he was still in his infant carseat being pushed around the mall. We're glad your doing well!

By the way, we changed our blog to a private one on blogger and we want to invite you but don't have your email. Go to the old blog and leave a comment, or email me your address (my email is in my profile).